Le Gusto’s Professional Kitchen Scissors and Poultry Shears
First, a bit from their website:
LE GUSTO KITCHEN SCISSORS
- Designed to Perform – Sharp & Sturdy enough to effortlessly remove backbone for spatchcocked turkey
- Offers dexterity for snipping herbs or cutting off the roots of vegetables in a breeze
- Gives you more control & accomplishes many cumbersome kitchen tasks while reducing the level of mess
- Serrated edge helps get a firmer grip on the slippery food items
- Slice Bread or Pizza, Cut Scales or Fins off a Fish or Shred a Cabbage
- Handy for cracking some nuts and people even use it as a shell cracker
- Pop the top of a beer bottle or easily open screw caps
- Made up of top-quality food-grade stainless steel that has high corrosion resistance and is entirely safe for the health of your family
- Ergonomically designed handles go easy on the hand and ensure comfort
- Protective Case helps you store them safely and carry along in a bag without the risk of damaging any other belongings
- Performs equally well for other everyday tasks – like cutting papers or cardboards – so get 1 for your kitchen and 1 for other tasks & maintain high levels of hygiene
- Dishwasher safe, however, we recommend hand-washing for best results
- Sturdy yet lightweight – eliminates the risk of fatigue
The first thing I noticed about these scissors is they are heavy duty and substantial. These are not the cheapies that you buy at a discount store. They are made of Food-Grade Stainless Steel, and are 100% BPA-FREE. They come packaged in a box, but include a shear cover / protector for storage.
These shears are nice and sharp and the handles feel good on the fingers. I use these for everything and are a good replacement for the ones I broke in my butcher block knife holder. I especially like the area that allows me to take a screw top off a wine bottle or lid.
I tried the scissors with a couple of different items: First, regular white printer paper and it cut it like butter. Second, a piece of cardboard from a packing box; they performed equally as well and cut through the cardboard easily and with no effort; (3) Third, I cut apart a full chicken for barbecuing and they worked like a charm!